Reasons for why you would take this class:
Voluntarily: If the course is taken voluntarily, you will receive up to five safe driving points towards your driving record. (You can only do every 2 years.)
Court: If the court assigns you to take this course you will not receive any safe driving points unless you have a court document stating otherwise. However, it will help you with a ticket.
DMV: If instructed by the DMV to take the class, you will receive driving points depending on your current record. Verify with Virginia DMV.
Under 21: For those under the age of 21, you must take the driver improvement class after each infraction until you are over 21.
- Some insurance companies offer discounts after completing our driver improvement class
If you are required by the court to attend a driver improvement clinic, the court will determine if you are awarded safe driving points. You must present documentation from the court to the clinic that you attend before DMV can award points. Safe points will NOT be awarded if the clinic does not receive this documentation.
Cost for this course In-Class
Online Driver Improvement (how it works)
- Invoice is sent to email on file
- Once paid you will receive a direct link to register and begin the course
- The final exam can be taken online at home
- Open book testing is NOT permitted
- Student may NOT attempt final exam more than one time per day
- Succesful completion of this course will be posted to your DMV record within 24 hours of your completion date
Cost for this course Online
It is your responsibility to determine if your court accepts this computer based driver improvement course to satisfy court required driver improvement courses
If you have any comments or concerns about this course, call the Department of Motor Vehicles
Please submit form below.